Bachelor of Science (Hons) Paramedic Science
AMU offers innovative educational programmes to meet the various demands and needs of the society in the areas of management, clinical and health related scientific fields.
With its strong desire to help the students in achieving their targeted goals and obtain remarkable success upon completion of their studies, comprehensive curricula are developed and delivered via interactive teaching and learning activities.
Continuous guidance is being given by qualified lecturers who are not only dedicated but committed in motivating students to excel in their studies.
AMU also ensures that students are given the benefits of having conducive, fully equipped as well as safe classroom for the teaching and learning purposes. Allocation of dedicated laboratories for programmes such as Medical Laboratory Technology and Biomedical Science provide adequate opportunity for the students to practice. Equipment and instruments are readily available and they are tailored to the needs of the learning requirement of the respective programmes. Besides the in-house laboratory practice, students are also sent for practical attachment at government and private sectors locally and for selected programmes in Kovai Medical Centre, India for some programmes.
AMU is the pioneer university accredited in producing Paramedics. Training diversification in this field has led to production of skilled professionals in the field of pre-hospital care and emergency response.
Exposure to pre-hospital training in countries such as Australia, India and locally has trained them to be competent, disciplined paramedics saving lives anywhere anytime.
In the field of research, students will be exposed to research activities not only in AMU but also in research projects conducted at hospitals and other related fields. In line with the expectation to produce intellectual and competent graduates. AMU encourages student’s involvement in conference and workshops organised either locally or internationally so as to expose them to a wider scope of the society they are to be involved in their future career.
Dean, Faculty of Therapeutic Science and Emergency Medicine
According to WHO, BY 2050, 20% of the world population will be above 60 years. Against this background unavoidably the need and demand for pre hospital care and rehabilitation is expected to increase. Consequently health care manpower to encompass the needs of the growing population will be needed.
In this light, AMU offers innovative educational program to meet the various demands and needs of society in the areas management, clinical and health related scientific filed.
AMU is one of the pioneer universities in producing health care professionals. Currently we are diversifying into the pre-hospital, rehabilitation, diagnostic imaging and therapeutic oncology care.
Degree and diploma holders in these fields have the advantage of fulfilling the gap that we will be encountering to maintain the ratio of a health care personnel to the total population.
- Introduction To Paramedic
- Behavioural Science
- Tamadun Islam
- Hubungan Ethnic
- Information Computer Technology
- Basic Microbiology
- Infection Control Measures
- Advance Life Support I
- Patient Assessment
- Simulation I
- Occupational Safety & Health
- Leadership and Management
- Simulation II
- Medical Ethics
- Clinical Training I
- Advanced Life Support II
- Internal Medicine I
- Research Methodology
- Clinical Training II
- Internal Medicine II
- Disaster Management
- Special Consideration
- Clinical Training Ill
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Research Project I
- Ambulance Operation
- Clinical Training IV
- Clinical Training V
- Clinical Training VI
- Research Project II
- Ambulance Service
- Medical Centres
- Community Education Officers
- Oil and Gas
Matriculation / Pre-University / STPM or equivalent
Pass Matriculation / Pre-University / STPM programme or equivalent qualification with minimum GPA 2.33 in TWO of the following subjects:
A-Level or equivalent
A-Level programme or equivalent qualification with minimum Grade D in TWO of the following subjects:
Diploma (Lateral Entry)
- Related Diploma from recognised institutions with minimum CGPA of 2.75 OR
- Related Diploma from recognised institutions with CGPA below than 2.75 and a minimum working experience of 3 years (36 months) in related field.
- The only private university offering Bachelor in Paramedic Science in Malaysia.
- Training is offered in India, Australia and at local hospitals around Malaysia.
- Students are sent for hands-on training to various agencies for special skills such as fire, rescue, water rescue etc.
- Mass evacuation and disaster management training are conducted for the students at Hospital Selayang and Fire Department.
- Diving and aviation medicine are integrated in the syllabus by air force and navy.
- Students are exposed to research and are allowed to attend emergency medicine conferences and workshops internationally.
- Our ambulance are used for medical standby by the students as they belong to the JCI Medic Assist Team.
- We have state-of-the-art labs with functioning mannequins to recreate real life situations.
- We conduct conjoined training with MINDEF, air force, navy and JPAM.
- We have well-equipped ambulance and equipment for the training and actual emergency situations.
Therapeutic Sciences and Emergency Medicine
DURATION OF STUDY
4 Years – 8 Semesters
MODE OF STUDY