Diploma in Paramedic Science (Pre-hospital Care)
According to WHO, by 2050, 20% of the world population will be above 60 years old. Against this backdrop and inevitably the need, and demand for prehospital care and rehabilitation is expected to increase. Consequently health care manpower to encompass the needs of the growing population will be needed.
In light of this, AMU offers innovative educational program to meet the various demands and needs of society in the areas of management, clinical and health related scientific field.
AMU is one of the pioneer universities in producing health care professionals. Currently we are diversifying into the pre-hospital, rehabilitation, diagnostic imaging and therapeutic oncology care.
Degree and diploma holders in these fields have the advantage of fulfilling the gap that we will be encountering to maintain the ratio of a health care personnel to the total population.
- Basic Life Support & Basic EMT Skill
- Ambulance Operation
- Behavioural Science
- Clinical Training (BLS, Basic EMT skill & Ambulance Operation)
- Medico Legal Ethics
- Therapeutic Communication and Documentation
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Clinical Training (BLS, Basic EMT Skill & Ambulance Operation)
- Malaysian Studies
- Islamic Studies/Moral Studies
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A/B
- Advanced Life Support
- Disaster Management
- Environmental Hazards
- Clinical Training (ALS, BLS, Basic EMT Skill & Ambulance Operation)
- Infection and Communicable Disease
- Clinical Assessment I (Medical)
- Clinical Assessment II (Trauma)
- Clinical Assessment III (O & G)
- Clinical Assessment IV (Newborn/Paediatric)
- Clinical Training I
- Clinical Training II
- Clinical Training III
- Clinical Training IV
SPM or equivalent with 5 credits in the following subjects:
- Bahasa Malaysia
- 1 science subject (Biology/Physics/Chemistry/General Science/Applied Science) AND
- Any other one subject.
GCE/O Level or equivalent with 5 Grade C in the following subjects:
- One (1) Science subject (Biology/Physics/Chemistry/General Science/Applied Science)
- Two (2) of any other subjects
Therapeutic Sciences and Emergency Medicine
DURATION OF STUDY
MODE OF STUDY
Diploma in Paramedic Science