Foundation in Health Sciences
(R/010/3/0135 / A8668)
While the Foundation in Health Sciences is a comprehensive one year pre-university programme is aimed at providing students with the knowledge required to further their ambition of pursuing degree courses in the field of health sciences.
Our programme is designed to offer an excellent and worthy pre-university education that will augment the relevant pathway towards achieving industry related careers specifically in the field of Medicine, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Allied Science and Health Care Management.
This programme has attained full accreditation status by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) in the year 2009. It presents a smooth transition for students to pursue a degree in any health sciences industry with direct entry to chosen faculties at AMU as well as other educational private or international institutions.
- English I
- Mathematics I
- Biology I
- Behavioural Sciences: Psychology
- Fundamental of IT
- English II
- Physics 1
- Biology II
- General Chemistry
- Introduction to Health Education
- English Ill
- Mathematics II
- Physics II
- Chemistry for Health Sciences
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Value added Intensive English Programme & CBT
- Entry into degree programmes
- Scholarship for deserving candidates
- Qualified academic staff
- Small class size, usually 30 students per class
Leading to Medicine and Pharmacy majors (after completing FHS)
- Minimum 5 Grade B’s in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics (or Additional Mathematics) AND another subject at SPM Level/0-Level
Leading to other Bachelor Degrees (after completing FHS)
- Minimum 5 credits in Mathematics, 2 Science subjects and 2 other subjects.
International students may pursue FHS at AMU with equivalent academic qualification
DURATION OF STUDY
MODE OF STUDY
January, April and July Annually