About this Course
This programme aims to produce a Physiotherapist with in-depth knowledge and competency in the assessment and treatment with the incorporation of quality patient care and evidence-based practice. The individual should possess clinical reasoning and able to be in a team player for consultation and health promotion in hospital settings or health institutions.
What Will You Learn
- Aside from the usual brand of lectures and seminars as the core of learning, there is a fun practical aspect to studying physiotherapy – problem based learning, tutorials, and eventually work experience in hospitals.
- Physiotherapy assesses, treat and prevent human movement disorders across various areas of practice, including sport, musculoskeletal, cardiorespiratory, women’s health and neurological conditions in people of all ages.
- During your first years of study, you will learn the basic medical sciences in courses such as human anatomy, physiology and psychology relevant to human health and function.
- Outside of knowing what muscles to rub to make people better, physiotherapy also teaches a wide variety of other skills in healthcare provision. Physiotherapists are among the best paid in the medicine industry.
- Clinical Therapist
- Clinical Instructor
- Physiotherapy Entrepreneur
- Other Centres: Sports, Fitness, Rehabilitation, Community Health Care & Primary healthcare.
- Anatomy I
- Physiology I
- Physics for Physiotherapists
- Introduction and Professional
- English for Academic Enrichment
- Leadership and Development
- Anatomy II
- Physiology II
- Biomechanics and Kinesiology
- Behavioural Science
- Tamadun Islam & Tamadun Asia / Malaysian Studies 3
- Hubungan Etnik/Melayu
- Komunikasi II
- Exercise Physiology
- Movement Therapy I
- Physiotherapy in Medicine and Surgery
- Malaysian Government and Public Policy
- Introduction to Pharmacology
- Electro Physical Agents I
- Physiotherapists Practice in Musculoskeletal I
- Movement Therapy II
- Physiotherapy in Women’s Health
- AMUnited II
- Clinical Placement I
- Research Methodology
- Physiotherapy Practice in Pulmonary
- Physiotherapy Practice in Musculoskeletal II
- Physiotherapy Practice in Neurological I
- Physiotherapy Practice in Cardiovascular
- Clinical Placement II
- Clinical Placement III
- Research Project II
- Physiotherapy in Geriatrics
- Sports Physiotherapists
- Physiotherapy Practice in Neurological II
- Physiotherapy in Pediatrics
- Clinical Placement IV
- Clinical Placement V
- Clinical Placement VI
- Clinical Placement VII
- Clinical Placement VIII
- Occupational Ergonomics
- Hand Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation Medicine
Obtained MUET Band 3 or IEL TS (5.5) / TOEFL (550) AND
- PASS Matriculation/Pre-University/STPM programme or equivalent qualification with minimum GPA 2.33 in TWO of the following subjects: Biology, Physics/Mathematics and Chemistry; OR
- A-Level programme or equivalent qualification with minimum Grade D in TWO of the following subjects: Biology, Physics/Mathematics and Chemistry; OR
- Recognised Diploma with minimum CGPA of 2.75 in related field; OR
- Recognised Diploma with CGPA less than 2.75 in related field and a minimum of 3 years (36 months) working experience in the related field.
English proficiency for foreign student Candidate should obtain IELTS (5.5) / TOEFL (550) paper-based or equivalent.