April & September
About this Course
This programme aims to produce graduates who have a good foundation and experience in the field of Biomedical Science allowing them to do scientific work and research in the field of human and animal diseases.
What Will You Learn
- This programme provides you with the foundations for a broad range of professional health pathways.
- The pre-requisite content (Anatomy, Biochemistry and Physiology) for an aspiring student is built into year 1 subjects and taught alongside many other biomedical science disciplines.
- This integration emphasises the relationships between different biomedical disciplines – it’s about enhancing your understanding of the human body in its full complexity.
- Core third year subjects – available only to you as a Biomedicine student – take on a more clinical or Population focus, tying all the elements of your Biomedicine journey together.
- Biomedical Scientist
- Medical Underwriter & Claim Officer
- Quality Control Officer
- Application Specialist
- Organic Chemistry
- Anatomy and Physiology I
- English for Academic Enrichment
- Laboratory Techniques
- Basic Microbiology
- Tamadun Islam and Tamadun Asia
- Leadership and Management
- Anatomy and Physiology II
- Medical Biochemistry
- Hubungan Etnik
- Laboratory Instrumentation
- Clinical Microbiology
- Cell Biology
- Blood Banking and Transfusion
- Malaysian Government & Public
- Molecular Biology
- Basic Pathology
- Basic Hematology
- Leadership and Development
- Medical Entomology
- Clinical Pathology
- Medical Parasitology
- Laboratory Management
- Research Methodology
- AMUnited II
- Biomedical Diagnostic I
- Research Project I
- Strategic Planning and Marketing in Healthcare Services
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Biomedical Diagnostic II
- Research Project II
- Toxicology/ Neuropharmacology
- Critical Thinking/Healthcare Disaster Management
- Introduction to Psychology/ Solid Waste Management
- Industrial Training l
- Industrial Training II
Obtained MUET Band 3 or IEL TS (5.5) / TOEFL (550) AND
- PASS Matriculation/Pre-University/STPM programme or equivalent qualification with minimum GPA 2.33 in TWO of the following subjects: Biology, Physics/Mathematics, and Chemistry; OR
- A-Level programme or equivalent qualification with minimum Grade D in TWO of the following subjects: Biology, Physics/Mathematics, and Chemistry; OR
- Recognised Diploma with minimum CGPA of 2.75 in related field; OR
- Recognised Diploma with CGPA less than 2.75 in related field and a minimum of 3 years (36 months) working experience in the related field.
English proficiency for foreign student Candidate should obtain IELTS (5.5) / TOEFL (550) paper-based or equivalent.